Lightning Sorcerer updated for 2.0. A turret and a casting specialization with exceptional AoE. Quite proc dependent on DPS but can put out some amazing burst when RNG is in your favor. Suffers from movement heavy fights. This guide inspired by Nibbon’s Sage DPS (TK + Balance) found in the swtor forums. For more rotational tips visit KTap’s youtube video here
3/36/7 – 2/2 Alacrity 1/3 Crit talent
Core DPS talents abilities
- Keep Affliciton up
- Use Thundering Blast on cooldown
- Use Crushing Darkness on cooldown,
- Use Lightning Storm (instant Chain Lightning) within 10 seconds of it proccing
- Use Lightning Barrage (hasted Force Lightning) within 10 seconds of it proccing
- Spam Lightning Strike
MAX DPS Opener sample parse-ktap-sage
Assuming a Chain Lightning proc, pop Recklessness
Spam Lightning strike
Thundering Blast should be up again
Start a new rotation with Crushing Darkness
- Relic, adrenal and Polarity Shift should be used right before Thundering Blast
- Recklessness should be used (ideally by Hasted Force Lightning first and then) Chain Lightning. The reason for this is that your Chain Lightning’s second proc can use up a stack of Recklessness thus wasting it
BiS Stats & Gear Source
You have a total of ten “enhancement” slots to fill. Five from your actual armor, 2 from your main hand and offhand, two from your implants and one from your earpiece
Lightning: 4 surge, 2 alacrity, 4 accuracy, 61 crit (either 1 mod or 1 enhancement with Crit)
Sorcerer: 4 surge, 2 alacrity, 4 accuracy, 185 crit
If you can, pre/hard cast Chain Lightning then follow it up with Force Storm to reset the cd.
Tips & Tricks
- Affliction lasts 18 seconds. Thundering Blast has a 9 second timer. Do 2 Thundering Blasts for every 1 Affliction that you do (single target)
- CrD has a 15 sec cd and does not align with Affliction and Thundering Blast. Crushing Darkness should be used every time it’s up and prioritized below Affliction and Thundering Blast but above Lightning Strike and the Chain Lightning and Force Lightning procs. You can delay the procs as long as you don’t let the procs wear off or let it get overwritten. Remember the ICD is around 10 seconds.
- Always follow Thundering Blast with Lighting Strike and then watch for any procs.
Can become troublesome for new players especially when multiple DoTs are up. A way to alleviate this is to think of your priority list as a set of rotations and casting Affliction 1 GCD before Thundering Blast comes up. This will lower the uptime of your Affliction since you are trading off DoT uptime for more Disturbance spam.
Rotation (2 THUNDERING BLAST PER 1 AFFLICTION)
- Keep spamming Lightning Strike after your 2nd Thundering Blast. 1 GCD before your 1st Thundering Blast comes up reapply Affliction. Remember to use CrD whenever it is up and use your procs before their 10 second internal cooldown.
Raid parse as undergeared Lighting Sorc versus BiS UW raid
- Full 69s
- Total 5 pieces of 72s (mods/enhancements)
- Black Market implants and earpiece
- 3/4 PVE set bonus
- DG BA, Conq SA
- 69 MH and OH
- 2678 Willpower, No augments
- 0 crit, fully buffed and stimmed
- 1,379,785 Annihilation (Gorband)
- 1,290,320 Arsenal, Marksmanhip (Odawgg, Roovin)
- 1,104,392 Lightning (B’oardmuffinwan)